Thursday, February 10, 2011

For Your Sweet

It's been a while, so I figured, what better way to come back than with suggestions to make Valentine's Day that much sweeter and greener? Okay, truth is, I usually roll my eyes at this quasi holiday because it's so commercial. People feel forced to go out and show their loved ones just how much ($$) they care for them with chocolates and flowers. I put my eye roll on pause this year because I realized that people are going to go out and buy stuff anyways, so better that they be armed with some stellar and more conscious choices. With that said, here are some local suggestions to show your sweet just how special they are:

Photo credit: eco stems
 - flowers from environmentally and socially responsible eco stems: 267 Queen St. E., 416-214-6479

Photo credit: Consonant

 - lotions, soaps and facial products that are organic, made in Canada... Consonant: where to buy.



Photo credit: Emma McIntyre.
 - handmade, fair trade, organic chocolate from Delight: 805 Queen St. W., 416-760-9995

No comments:

Post a Comment